Related Tag Cloud
About the Budget Office
The mission of the Office of Budget and Planning Studies as one of the study offices of Majlis Research Center is to prepare the necessary grounds for more professional expertise on the legislation, scientific and research support commensurate with the duties of Parliament and use of efficient information and researches on the legislation of the relevant issues to the national annual budget and development plans.
Objectives of the Office are:
1. Emphasize the role of the legislature in the budget process for the enforcement of the assigned duties to the legislature in the constitution
2. Help approving the simple, transparent and efficient laws in relation to the budget bills
3. Help delegates to use their powers and roles in national development plans and annual budgets.
To achieve these goals, the following strategies have been considered in the last two years:
1. Provide a model for how the legislature’s role in the budget process (the legal decision-making models in good condition),
2. Provide a model for examining budgetary bills,
3. Provide expertise in important bills referred to the Planning and Budget and Audit Commissions,
4. Hold expert meetings that aim to promote the interested representatives’ awareness in the issues of budget and planning,
5. Help to develop the literature and necessary arrangements to prepare the office so as to be able to help Planning and Budget and Audit Commissions as the main assistant in the budget process (according to the pattern suggested).
For providing a suitable environment for strategy formation, the following activities will be conducted:
. Strengthen the role of the office consultants through the formation of Advisory Council
. Recruitment of interested manpower with higher education level and training them to form working committees
. Continuous and systematic contacts with the Planning and Budget and Audit Commission with the aim of informing office activities and providing information needs of members of the Commission
. Facilitate organizational processes within the office and maximum use of communication technologies to perform the assigned duties and to inform the public
. Management of existing financial resources for research projects and other activities of the office and use of the new techniques of project control.