- Local Governance, a comparative institutional framework
- Expertise opinion on: Motion requiring amendment of Article 84 of the 5th Development Plan Act of the Islamic Republic of Iran
- New reforms in China and its development perspectives in 21st Century
- A study on how to streamline development projects, presenting an introductory model
- Reasons for Export of iron ore in the mineral economy of Iran
- A statistical analysis of the new political make-up in the EU
- Study of the dimensions and impacts of the 3rd war in Gaza
- Expertise Opinion on “The Bill for Ratification of Amendment to Basel Convention”
- Expertise Opinion on “The Bill for Creation of Natural Disaster Insurance Fund”
- Strategic Emerging Technologies for 2014
Majlis Research Center criticized the report of World Bank BusinessCritiques on the report of World Bank Doing Business were explained by Majlis Research Center.
The office of business environment studies discussed that the report of World Bank Doing Business and its attitude toward business environment and problems of this area are not a comprehensive approach to the issue. The report has summarized complex and varied aspects of business environment-that due to the culture, institutions, legal system, and other factors are unique features in different countries- simple numerical indicators (such as a number of entry guidelines,entry fees, and business registration) and understanding of this area has reduced to a simplistic non-analytical study, the report added. Although many of recommendations of these reports (including the use of technology more and particularly, information technology) are used desirable if they are studied, the only and undisputed emphasis of the report on numerical indicators and producers' rigid recommendations on the suitability model for all countries, reader is doubt about its validity, public relations office of Majlis research Center reported.
Since World Bank reports and their political recommendations are used quickly in order to rank applicants for assistances and World Bank granted loans by the bank officials and they are eligibility cretria to receive loan or assistance, results of the researches published by World Bank should be assessed properly due to considerations and political interests behind the researches and reasons for the allocation of high costs of research to practice, Majlis Research Center added. Consequently, it makes real use of the analysis and findings of the World Bank and similar institutions to invest in business environment reforms.