- Local Governance, a comparative institutional framework
- Expertise opinion on: Motion requiring amendment of Article 84 of the 5th Development Plan Act of the Islamic Republic of Iran
- New reforms in China and its development perspectives in 21st Century
- A study on how to streamline development projects, presenting an introductory model
- Reasons for Export of iron ore in the mineral economy of Iran
- A statistical analysis of the new political make-up in the EU
- Study of the dimensions and impacts of the 3rd war in Gaza
- Expertise Opinion on “The Bill for Ratification of Amendment to Basel Convention”
- Expertise Opinion on “The Bill for Creation of Natural Disaster Insurance Fund”
- Strategic Emerging Technologies for 2014
The review of cultural consequences of the recent financial abuseMajlis Research Center reviewed and assessed consequences of the recent financial abuse and the pathology of its media representation.
According to the Public Relations Office, when speaking the cultural consequences of the recent issue of financial abuse should be noted that these effects take place through certain channels. The main channels are a collection of news and analyses which are published in various media about the issue, the Office of Cultural Studies said.
According to the report, the main center of damages to the representation is lack of timely, transparent, and explicit information; that is, a collection of vague, contradictory, and scattered information from different and many sources about the case of financial abuse has been issued that the audiences' ability of a real analysis is taken.
Accordingly, due to attract their audiences; the media needs to became information quickly into attractive narratives. These narratives which each of them include the limited part of the reality are the basis of decisions and judgments and hence, these are that forming audience expectations.
In this report, three types of narrative representation of the recent financial corruption are concluded as follows: 1. Representation of financial corruption as a single organizational and individual issue and based on weak regulatory systems
2. Representation of financial corruption as beyond-organizational and non-individual issue and rooted within the state 3.Representation of financial corruption as evidence of deep and structural corruption and rooted in the whole system.
The Office of Cultural Studies emphasized on the Supreme's Leader advises about maintaining the peace by the media and added that with understanding that the core issue
Any narrative-that led to this being considered that financial corruption is a pervasive and rooted problem and all government's determinations are as hollow propaganda- undermines the system and will cause irreversible damages, the report said.
According to the report, as is evident from the representation of the recent financial corruption unfortunately, all actions taken by the collections involved hasn't been formed within a coherent and unified media management and the media mismanagement of this issue actually causes the media space is becoming acute.
The Office of Cultural Studies emphasized on the Supreme's Leader advises about maintaining the peace by the media and added that with understanding that the core issue of media blind controversy makes authorities' actions to be affected seriously and make them snap and rash actions, he asked the media to stop making the ruckus to the authorities do their jobs. Also he has noted authorities that to be sensitive to give the correct information to the people. (The text of the report is attached.)