“Youth are mainstay of the country’s development and their immense potential should be relied for the progressive plans”, said Kazem Jalali, Head of the Islamic Parliament Research Center (IPRC).
He made the remarks addressing the first Seminar of the Youth and Lawmaking held here on Saturday 22 November 2014 under the auspices of the IPRC.
Jalali, encouraged young people to dedicate themselves to fostering progress as a smart investment, adding that we should institutionalize mechanisms to take benefit from the valuable potential of the youth and elites in our think-tank institutions and thus pave the ground for their participation in decision-making processes.
The one-day Seminar ended with a final statement. The extract of the text reads as follows:
We, the representatives of the Youth Forums in the Islamic Republic of Iran, gathered here to participate at the 1st Seminar of Youth and Lawmaking decided as follows:
1. Express our commitment for a consistent cooperation with the Islamic Parliament Research Center (IPRC) to foster the role of youth in the administration of the country in compliance with the legislations approved by the Islamic Parliament of Iran.
2. Our partnership with the IPRC shall cover a wide spectrum of fields such research, planning, policy-making, examination of the motions and bills related to the youth and express our opinions and viewpoints to help remove the barriers that may hamper involvement of the youth in the progress of the country.
Meanwhile, to ensure full adherence to the above items, as well as removal of the barriers facing the Youth Forums, we call on the Islamic Parliament of Iran, Ministry of Sports and Youth and other concerned Institutions to take necessary measures as follows:
1. Formation of the Youth Office at the IPRC to ensure consistent relation with youth and Youth Forums and to provide necessary opportunity to contribute to the examination of the concerned motions and bills referred to the IPRC for expert analysis.
2. Formation of the Youth Parliament of the Islamic Republic of Iran composed of the members representing the country’s youth mandated to contribute to all decision-making and policy-making related to the youth and to serve as a body in support of all the youth forums across the country
3. Formation of a specialized organization mandated with the following authorities:
To take care of the country’s youth affairs,
To create a link between various organizations and Youth-oriented Forums with the concerned international bodies and Youth Forums of other countries,
4. To streamline the institutions involved with the youth affairs in all the countries departments in order to avoid duplication.